Rekha Datta, PhD
Interim Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
PhD, University of Connecticut
Office: Bey Hall, Room 249
Phone: (732) 571-4438
Spring 2015 Office Hours:
||1:00 PM - 2:30PM
||9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Spring 2015 Courses:
PS 377: A Comparative Study of Women in the World
PS 518:Theory, Policy, Ethics
Regularly Taught Courses:
FY 101 PS: First Year Seminar
PS 221: Early Political Thought
PS 222: Modern Political thought
PS 371: International Service Seminar - India
PS 373: Comparative Politics, Asia
PS 377: Women and the World
PS 372: Democracy in South Asia
PS 401: Political Science Seminar
PS 518: Theory, Policy, Ethics
- Department chair, 2000-2010.
- Founding Director, Institute for Global Understanding (IGU) until 2011.
- Distinguished Teacher Award, Monmouth University (2003), the Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education Award in Higher Education, NSSE (2011), the annual Humanitarian of the Year Award (2004).
- Higher Education Transition Team for the Governor (NJ), (2005-06).
- VP for Public Policy, Northern Monmouth County, AAUW, 2011-13
Empowerment of Women, Comparative Politics, India, Pakistan, Political Development, Human Security, United Nations
Author of Beyond Realism: Human Security in India and Pakistan in the 21st Century, (2008, 2010), Why Alliances Endure: The United States-Pakistan Military Alliance, 1954-1971 (1994) and co-editor, with Judith Kornberg, Women in Developing Countries: (2002).