Main Menu

  • Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty, Administrators and Staff Employees

    Are there any changes to the University work schedule?

    No. Work schedules have resumed as normally scheduled, including employees working flex work schedules.

    What should I do if I lost my University Parking Decal?

    To replace your Monmouth University parking decal you may go to the parking department at the Monmouth University Police Department.

    How do I replace my Employee ID card?

    ID cards will be replaced at the ID center located in the lower level of the Student Center.

    I am no longer living at the address I had before the storm, how do I change my address to reflect my new location?

    Employees can update their home address or phone number by completing a Change of Status form which can be obtained from the Office of Human Resources. Call 732-571-3470 for a form.

    If I change my phone number with Human Resources, will the Emergency notification system (Blackboard Connect) automatically be updated with my new information?

    No. If you have a change in phone number or e-mail address, you must update your information through the Blackboard Connect Emergency Notification by logging in at You are strongly encouraged to register with this system if you have not already done so.

    My house does not have power and I want to know if the University can provide me with any temporary housing.

    Currently, the University does not have any housing available on campus. FEMA has a resource available online to assist individuals in locating temporary housing.

    You can also connect with local realtors for additional assistance. A listing of some local realtors can be found online at this link.

    Also, the Asbury Park Press provides a rental search online at this link.

    I have no child care available for my children, do we offer any?

    Yes, the Back-Up Care program is available to all Monmouth University employees to assist with back up care for your children or adults who need in-home or center based care. Many of you may find yourselves without access to the regular care providers or centers you have utilized in the past. This Back-Up Care program provides you with access to available centers or in-home care when you are in need. If you are not already registered you will be required to register for the Back-Up care Advantage Program online at (Username: mucares/ Password: hawks). You can contact the Back-Up Care Advantage Program at 877-242-2737.

    Additionally and, because there will be a strain on the centers and in-home care availability, Bright Horizons is extending their Crises Care Assist program which allows for reimbursement of care you are able to secure on your own. Please remember that you must pre-register with Bright Horizons to utilize these services. You must secure pre-approval from a back-up care consultant for arranging your own care. Reimbursement request forms will be provided electronically. Arrange your care through a relative, friend or babysitter. Submit requests for reimbursement within 10 days of each use and reimbursement will be sent to you directly. Crisis Care Assist will be available through Friday, November 16th.

    The Bright Horizons' operations team will continue to make daily decisions on the centers that will be the best and most safe to support our families. Employees can receive the most current information by contacting a consultant at 877-242-2737.

    Do we have access to counseling?

    Yes, the University provides all full-time employees and their family members living in their household, access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Barnabas Health. Please visit our website to access your benefits, which include eight (8) free counseling sessions per family member. Please call 1-800-300-0628 to speak with a clinician. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

    Are there shower facilities available on campus?

    Yes. Employees may use shower facilities at the MAC from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. You must check-in at the MAC information desk located next to the fitness center.

    I am unable to cook in my home/apartment, can I purchase a temporary meal-plan?

    Yes. Employees can sign up for a temporary meal-plan by calling ARAMARK at 732-222-1444 or visiting the ARAMARK website:

    Will the Health Center be open?

    Yes, the Health Center is open for employees currently enrolled in the University's medical plan. Open hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

    Is the fitness center open?

    The Fitness Center in the MAC and the pool are open during their regular hours. Employees may also use the indoor and outdoor tracks.

    Is there anything I can do to help with the relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy?

    The Monmouth University Student Government Association will be coordinating all relief efforts. If employees have ideas or are interested in helping with the relief efforts you should send an e-mail to

    If you have any additional questions or need help finding additional resources, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources at 732-571-3470.

    Students are asking questions regarding how they can obtain assistance. Is there any information available to assist them?

    There is a student-oriented Q&A located on our website that will help you to assist any student that may need assistance.