Main Menu

  • Health Requirements  

    In order to best serve the health needs of our students and to comply with NJ Higher Education Immunization laws, the following documents need to be completed and submitted to Monmouth University Health Services prior to beginning classes.  

    • Student Health Record (undergraduates only)
    • *Immunization Record (all students)
      • *Must be signed/stamped by a healthcare provider
    • Meningitis Response (all students)

     More detailed information regarding immunizations and other health requirements can be found on this web page. 


    The Student Health Portal has been created for easy access to required health forms and provides the ability to upload scanned forms to a private, confidential personal health profile.

    Once logged in you will be able to:

    • Access and print immunization, health history and meningitis forms.
    • Upload the required health forms
    • Upload current health insurance cards
    • View and print a personal immunization record
    Accessing the Student Health Portal
    •  Log into myMU with your Monmouth Userid and password.
    •  Click on the tab "I Need To..."
    •  Click on "Access the Student Health Portal" and login with your Monmouth Userid and password.
    Printing a Blank Form  
    •   Click on the Forms tab, find the required form, download and print.
    Scan and Upload Required Documents
    • Scan your completed records. Scanned images MUST be saved as .gif, .png, .tiff, .tif, .jpg, .jpeg. Documents MUST be saved as a .txt or .pdf, NOT as a Word document.
    •   Click the Upload tab, find your file and select Upload. Repeat for each additional document.

    Health Requirements and Immunizations


    The health history section of the Student Health Record is required for all undergraduate students.  A recent physical signed or stamped by a health care provider is required for all intercollegiate sport athletes and cheerleaders.

    Download the STUDENT HEALTH RECORD  


    All matriculating students aged 30 years and younger must provide documentation of the following immunizations:

    MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) : Two immunizations after 12 months of age.

    • (Option) Blood Titers: Proof of immunity can also be established by providing documentation of blood titers that demonstrate immunity (IgG level) to measles, mumps, and rubella. Blood titers must be accompanied by a laboratory report indicating a numerical value for the titer level and a reference range. Laboratory reports that do not include the aforementioned items will not be accepted.

    Meningitis vaccine: The meningococcal meningitis vaccine is required for any student living on campus or in campus-sponsored housing regardless of age.  The last dose of meningitis vaccine must be given within 5 years of entry into campus-sponsored housing.

    Hepatitis B vaccine: Any undergraduate or graduate student, aged 30 years and younger and taking 9 or more credits will need to provide proof of receiving the Hepatitis B series (a series of three vaccines).

    • (Option) Blood Titers:  Proof of a positive Hepatitis B surface antibody.

    Download the IMMUNIZATION RECORD  


    Mantoux (TB) testing is only required for international students. Testing is required regardless of BCG vaccination.

    • The Mantoux test must be done within six months prior to the student's arrival on campus.
    • Positive test results require proof of chest X-ray.


    The state of New Jersey requires that we survey your intent to receive the meningitis vaccine. This brief survey can be downloaded and sent to Health Services.

    Download the MENINGITIS RECORD.


    The following is a listing of immunizations that are not required but are strongly recommended:

    • Tetanus: Completed initial series of tetanus and a booster within the last 10 years
    • Diphtheria: Completed series of diphtheria. Completed dose of meningitis prior to starting classes and a booster vaccine if initial vaccine was given <5 years.
    • Meningitis:  A dose within five years of entry to college is recommended for all non-residential students.