One benefit of the SRP is the opportunity for students to develop meaningful research "products" that enhance a student's professional development and provide resume-enhancing experiences that are highly valued by professional and graduate schools and employers. Such products may include conference presentations, co-authorship on peer-reviewed publications, patents and research products or applications themselves.
External Presentations Involving SRP Student Researchers
*SRP student researcher; underlined student names indicate student award recipients
. and Lobo, D. Influence of antioxidants on Cellular Migration and Protection from Oxidative Stress. American Society of Cell Biology (ASCB), San Francisco, CA. Dec. 15-19, 2012. J. Juarez won a minorities affairs committee travel award to attend.
2. *Siganporia, S-P, Rubinstein, E. Monmouth County Coastal Lake Assessment. Poster presentation. Eastern Analytical Symposium, Somerset, NJ. November 18-20, 2013.
3. *Siebert, H., *Sodhi, H., *Tullo, K., *Dos Santos, S. and Moehring, G. Dynamic NMR Characterization of the Fluxinional Rearrangement at an Eight-Coordinate Metal Center. Poster presentation. Eastern Analytical Symposium, Somerset, NJ. November 18-20, 2013.
. and Kosenkov, D. Rational Anti-Cancer Drug Design: Binding of N-Methyl-Piperazine Functionalized Naphthalene Diimides to DNA G-Quadruplex." 2nd place award for poster presentation, at the 22nd Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry held in Jackson, Mississippi, on November 15, 2013.
5. *Fasano, G. M., and Palladino, M.A. Effects of lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation on hypoxic gene expression pathways in the rat testis.
, in press. Poster presented by G. Fasano at the 46
annual conference of the Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ. 10/26/13).
6. *Mejia, G., *Patel, A., Patel, V., *Siebert, H., Menon, O., Rashid, S.,*Sodhi, H., Kosenkov, D. and Moehring, G.
Pseudorotational rearrangements of seven-or-eight-coordinate rhenium centers supported by a nitrogen-donor ligand.
Poster presentation. ACS National Meeting.
7. Tongesayi, T.,*Bray, C., *Brock, C., *Fedick, P. W., and *Lechner, L.S. Levels of lead in rice food products imported into the United States of America. 245th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, New Orleans, LA (April 7-11, 2013).
8. Tongesayi, T., *Brock, C., *Fedick, P., *Lechner, L., and *Bray, C., Manganese and zinc in rice: Unconscious intake of essential elements through non-dietary food sources. 245th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, New Orleans, LA (April 7-11, 2013).
Peer-Reviewed Publications Involving SRP Student Researchers*
Patents Filed Including SRP Student Researchers